2016 - 2017 Seminar Series The Genomics Revolution and Health Care
2015 - 2016 Seminar Series The Technological Frontiers of Space
2014 - 2015 Seminar Series Brain Disorders: Research, Progress, and Prospects
2013 - 2014 Seminar Series Modernizing the US Electric Grid
2012 - 2013 Seminar Series Rebuilding US Manufacturing
Non-Seminar Series Talks
- View Dr. Dennis Whyte's 01/11/2017 presentation, Getting Fusion Energy Smaller and Sooner (PDF).
- View Victor Der's 03/22/16 presentation, Key Challenges, Opportunities, and Strategies for Carbon Capture and Storage Deployment (PDF).
- View Tim Chartier's 04/20/15 presentation, Thinking Linearly about Google, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5 (PDF).
- View Dr. Kelly Kenison Falkner's 04/10/15 presentation, US-NZ Partnership in Antarctica (PDF). If anyone is interested in a copy of Antarctica, A Journey of Discovery publication, please contact David Friscic.
- View Steve Obenschain's 03/25/15 presentation, A Tutorial on Inertial Confinement Fusion (ICF): Progress and Challenges, Part 1 and Part 2 (PDF).
- View Daniel Hastings' 03/11/15 presentation, The Singapore MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART), Part 1 and Part 2 (PDF).
- View Keivan Stassun's 01/28/15 presentation, The Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (forthcoming). Additionally, Mr. Stassun provided the following link for TESS video online.
- View Dr. John Glowienka's 12/10/14 presentation, ITER: Star Building on Earth, Part 1 and Part 2 (PDF). Additionally, Dr. Glowienka provided the following link for all the ITER videos that are available online.
- View Nergis Mavalvala's 10/01/14 presentation, Exploring the Warped Side of the Universe (PDF).
- View Christopher Codella's 09/29/14 presentation, IBM Watson: Background, Overview, and What's Next (PDF). Christopher has also shared a paper onThe Era of Cognitive Systems (PDF).
- View Darren McKnight's 04/08/14 presentation, The Orbital Debris Hazard: Fact or Fiction (PDF).
- View Catherine Spong's 01/22/13 presentation, Making Healthy Babies: Advances in Newborn Health (PDF).
- We don't have permission to post David Kaiser's slides from his 01/16/13 presentation on the Higgs boson, but he has written a few short, accessible pieces about much of the material covered by his talk that he thought we would enjoy reading:
- View Harry Hertz's 12/05/12 presentation, The Challenge of Being Outstanding: A Look Back and Ahead after 25 Years of Guiding Organizational Excellence (PDF).